Engaged Scholarship SeminarJun 21, 2008 by Bill
This episode focuses on the 2008 Summer Doctoral Seminar hosted by Wayne State University’s Department of Communication. The theme was “Communication Activism: Engaged Scholarship” and it featured guest scholar Dr. Larry Frey from the University of Colorado. We get to hear from some of the student participants and listen in on an engaging discussion that took place after students returned from a activists’ tour of Detroit. Interviewed participants include Audrey Wagstaff, Brian Ekdale, Janet Donoghue, Karen Greiner, Nadine Yehya, Sarah McGhee and Teemu Kauppi.
- WSU Communication Department Homepage
- Wayne State University's Department of Communication was host and sponsor of the seminar.
- Boggs Center to Nurture Community Leadership
- Grace Lee Boggs is mentioned by a number of participants after they met her during their Detroit tour.
- Dr. Larry Frey's Profile Page
- Larry Frey is a professor at the University of Colorado. This links to his profile page.
This file has been downloaded 1770 times